Fuse #8

Monday, September 04, 2006

G'bye Steve

In my final year of college and my first year of living on my own I acquired a rather strong schoolgirl crush on The Crocodile Hunter. Steve Irwin was so fascinating to me that I'd watch his videos (of which I still own two) over and over again. Steve had such a crazed souped-up attitude towards anything and everything he encountered that I was willing to overlook the risks he took in favor of his personality.

Now Steve is dead leaving behind two little children and a wife. Bye, mate.

3 Comments:

At 3:36 PM , Blogger Kelly said...

I'm with you on this, Fuse. Devastating. His personality rocked!

 
At 7:09 PM , Blogger Nancy said...

Very very sad.

 
At 8:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had never heard of The Crocodile Hunter until we were contacted by Scholastic and asked if we would like to do a series of beginning chapter books about a kid whose father had a TV show about wild animals. It was clearly an attempt to ride on Steve Irwin's coattails, but at the same time it was an interesting challenge. We had to come up with stories that would be fun for kids to read, and at the same time teach them a little something about the animals in question. The series (The Danger Joe Show) was no Magic Tree House, and folded after four books. But in doing the research for the book I came to respect Steve Irwin very much, as an entertainer, as an educator, and as a seemingly good-natured bloke. He will not be forgotten

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home