Fuse #8

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Imagine What He Could Do With, "I Swapped My Dad For Two Goldfish"

Run for your lives! Terry Gilliam is feeling inspired again!

Aw, I'm just playing witcha. Of course I love a good Gilliam flick. At least I did when I was 18-years-old and totally into his creepy crawly fare. There's a part of me that's still mad that I wasn't able to get a 12 Monkeys poster when I was working for the United Artists movie chain.

So what's the man of la mancha up to these days? I think the title Gilliam's Big Comics Plan says it all. It seems so logical when you consider that David McKean might be the perfect match for Gilliam's twisted sensiblities. Consider The Wolves In the Walls, if you will. Not that that's the project Mr. G's considering. Instead he's turned his sights on something called The Defective Detective because, "he's apparently very, very eager to have a lush, large format graphic novel produced". That and a "new take" Alice In Wonderland? Please, sir, may I have another?

2 Comments:

At 7:09 AM , Blogger Leila said...

I want him to direct the movie version of Mortal Engines -- huge mechanical, moving cities that EAT each other? Prime Gilliam material.

 
At 10:33 AM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Boy oh boy yes.
Failing that, Tim Burton, but the mechanical side should really fall to Gilliam.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home