Fuse #8

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Hot Men of Children's Literature: Part 28 In a Series

You know what? You kids deserve a really good publisher hottie today. I love me my authors and illustrators but you know what really gets a children's librarian's heart ah-pumping? A guy who knows his book covers. Man oh man, how can I resist a fella who looks me in the eye and says to me, "Every day I have to solve some visual problem very quickly, like what to do for a jacket illustration for a novel or a picture book." Melt.

But what does it all come down to? Eye candy. I love my HMOCL, but once in a while you need someone like today's fella to make your job truly worthwhile. I present unto you, the masses:


CHAD BECKERMAN


Wow. Just.... wow.

The kicker is that he was nominated by an Editorial Assistant.

Here's a bit o' info on the boy via TheCareerCookbook.com article on him:
Chad Beckerman studied Illustration at the Rhode Island School of Design, but what he really learned while in college was how to problem solve. This is essential in his line of work as an Associate Art Director at Harry N. Abrams, a book publisher in New York City. With his job comes a lot of juggling of projects and personalities.
Our boy's an Art Director with Amulet and Abrams Books for Young Readers. That means he's the type of person I'm directly addressing whenever I go on a what-was-the-Art-Director-thinking cover rant. To the best of my knowledge, though, Mr. Beckerman has never deserved such a yelling. His covers are distinctly delightful one and all. I even like the one he did for William Sleator's "Hell Phone".

Technically I referenced Mr. Beckerman earlier in the year with this article, but it's nice to give a fella like this his due in full.

4 Comments:

At 1:45 PM , Blogger kelmurphy said...

That's my art director! WOO!

 
At 3:48 PM , Blogger Chad W. Beckerman said...

Wait! That's me?

 
At 10:54 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Crap.
That is SUCH a better photo. I should've used that one instead.
*sigh*

 
At 11:42 PM , Blogger Chad W. Beckerman said...

It was nice to final meet you, even if I lost my voice to some serious over talking at BEA.

p.s. Don't forget about my endorsement . . . just sayin.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home