Fuse #8

Saturday, October 07, 2006

New Kick-Ass Blog Alert

Though the term "new" is relative as this blog has been in existence since July 18, 2005. There are plenty of blogs out there by illustrators. Some of those illustrators may have even worked on children's books in their day. But I'll be damned if I've ever read an illustrator blog that described itself to be:
the blog of an illustrator/puppeteer/fire twirler/figure skater/musical saw player/chauffeur/Rumi reader/rollergirl.
Oh sure. Who isn't? A person might be inclined to pass off Antinomia as biting off more than it can chew with such a claim. Then you start reading the blog itself and you know what you see? Rollergirls! Hot-as-hell honest-to-god rollergirls. Basically a Ms. Linda S. Wingerter is churning out stuff that looks like this:


... while also talking about stuff involving women like these:

I think what I'm trying to say is, I am not cool enough to read this blog. I will, however, surreptitiously watch it from within my cloak of nerdiness and hope to high heaven that someday the ranks of rollergirl illustrators will fill the stacks of my library. I dare to dream.

3 Comments:

At 8:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't know she was a roller girl and puppeteer! I DID know she's a wonderful illustrator, though. Thanks for the link.

 
At 2:20 PM , Blogger Linda S. Wingerter said...

I think you are more then plenty cool! Dare to dream that dream, because we are still recruiting for the CT Roller Derby...

I am so honored by your post. Many thanks. And to you too, as always, Christy!

 
At 8:35 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Alas, my skating abilities are lamentable at best. I suspect I'd be too great a liability and would burst into very unprofessional tears at the slightest instance. Trust me on this one. Roller skates cause me to regress.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home