Fuse #8

Friday, November 10, 2006

Pinkwater Recommendations For Those of Who You Can't Get Enough of the Poor Man

A colleague sent me this earlier this week:
In the latest issue of Wondertime magazine, Daniel Pinkwater suggested these books as particularly good gifts for children:

Music Over Manhattan - Mark Karlins, ill. Jack E. Davis
Guji Guji - Chih-Yuan Chen
The Bake Shop Ghost - Jacqueline K. Ogburn, ill. Marjorie Priceman
Farfallina & Marcel - Holly Keller
The Sound of Colors - Jimmy Liao
Bats at the Beach - Brian Lies
The Mice of Bistrot des Sept Freres - Marie LeTourneau with Danielle Reed Baty
Oddly, only one that I could see was from 2006. They're certainly nice titles, but I suspect Mr. Pinkwater wanted to shed a little light on some of the lesser known picture books out there. Which, come to think of it, is a worthy idea. Bravo, sir!

3 Comments:

At 6:55 AM , Blogger alvinaling said...

Wait...whoa...what?! SOUND OF COLORS is on there! Thanks for the news, I hadn't heard this.

 
At 9:30 AM , Blogger Elaine Magliaro said...

I love GUJI GUJI! It is one of my favorite picture books published in the last few years.

 
At 12:31 PM , Blogger Bkbuds said...

I haven't read the first two, but heartily recommend all the others. We lost "The Mice" in our move and I've been frantic about it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home