Fuse #8

Monday, November 27, 2006

What I Missed - Bookshelves of Doom

Leila, who is so complete and up-to-date when it comes to kidlit news it makes me kinda wanna cry, was working full throttle as I lazed away my Thanksgiving break. She caught Linda Sue Park's great piece on judging the National Book Award this year. You may wish to read the Oz and Ends posting on the same Park piece, by the way. Mr. J.L. Bell happens to say, "This addresses one of the questions I've had about awards like the NBAs and the Cybils: Does the judges' work of reading so many novels so quickly, with the prestige of the award on the line, affect how they read and evaluate?" Certainly the Cybils have to be read far faster than any other book award out there. I've sometimes wondered the same thing as Mr. Bell, I guess.

Back to Leila. She found this amazing create-your-own-cover site that appeals to my bookflap fetish. And for the librarians out there, she found a good site for MLIS-appropriate tattoos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home