Fuse #8

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Because a Person Can Never Link to Go Fug Yourself Enough

I'd lift the entire passage out for myself if I could.
In any case, darling Go Fug Yourself disapproves of what's been done to Dakota Fanning on the Charlotte's Web walkway. And I, for one, agree with them. I have two pairs of leggings hiding in the back of my underwear drawer that I mistakenly purchased at H&M because the clever employees disguised them to look like friggin' black tights. I love black tights. You can never have too many pairs of black tights. You can, however, have too many black leggings. One pair of leggings is one pair too many to my eyes.

So kudos to Go Fug Yourself for taking a hard line. If only I could convince the hoards of people on 5th Avenue of how wrong the legging "scourge" (as they put it) truly is.

4 Comments:

At 5:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dunno, Dakota looks kind of warm and comfortable in that photo. But I'm from the Midwest.

 
At 8:38 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Oh, I've nothing in particular against the ensemble. But wouldn't she be warmer in tights anyway? Why the need to see any ankles?

 
At 10:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah! So it's a Victorian thing! No ankles showing, and no wrists?

I think ankle tights are cute with flats. There I've said it. My ankles happen to be a part of my body that is still worth seeing in the buff.

 
At 12:08 AM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Adults may certainly be willing to inflict the monstrosity that is leggings on themselves, certainly. But when poor fashion choices are foisted on young 'uns, it's a shame. Less a Victorian example of prudishness. More a contemporary example of a passing unfortunate fad.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home