Fuse #8

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Surprise! The Seventh Harry Potter Title!

Christmas is coming early this year.
1. Go to http://www.jkrowling.com and choose the graphic interface (not text-only).
2. On the main page, click on the eraser. This will take you to a room with a door.
3. Click on the door in the mirror: It will open, revealing a Christmas tree.
4. Click on the top of the main door: A wreath will appear.
5. Click on the mirror above the Christmas-tree door: Garlands will appear.
6. Click on the cobwebs: They will disappear.
7. Click on the second chime from the right: It will turn gold.
8. Drag the golden chime and it will become a key. Insert it into the lock, and the door will open.
9. Click on the present, and it will unwrap.
10. Click on the page you can see sitting inside the present. A game of "Hangman" will open.
Once you read it you'll understand why my brother said, upon hearing it, "So much for Harry Potter and the Happy Bunnies".

And if you're not much for games, you could also read it at the end of this article.

Also (I keep adding stuff to this post) Galleycat had this to say on the matter:
Though a release date has not been announced, the name announcement for the sixth book took place on June 29, 2004, with the book published on July 16, 2005. So if that is a precedent, then [the latest book] should be published approximately 383 days later, which would be January 8, 2008. We'll see if that prediction bears out...
Make of it what you will.

Thanks to The Leaky Cauldron for the tip.

13 Comments:

At 11:04 AM , Blogger Matt Holm said...

That's one "meh" sort of title.

 
At 11:13 AM , Blogger Jeremiah McNichols said...

Title aside, what a great vehicle! I like the "Rubbish Bin" section (click on the pencil sharpener on the main page) - it has a piece of paper in the trash where Rowling argues with critics and debunks myths about the books.

 
At 11:18 AM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Oh, you hadn't seen it? I guess I rarely link to it because I live under the mistaken assumption that it's one of those things everyone has run across. Rowling does right by the web. If you've a hugely popular series under your belt and a fan base that can only politely be described as fanatic then you better have a kick-ass site for them to visit when they need more of that sweet sweet Potter info. I should put it on my blogroll somewhere.

 
At 11:24 AM , Blogger Lauri said...

Fun! Thanks for the link!

 
At 11:33 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Help! I can get up to the golden chime part, but I can't get it to drag or become a key. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? I tried twice...

 
At 11:46 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I couldn't drag it, either.

 
At 11:59 AM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Hm. I've just gone through the whole thing myself and it seemed to work okay. I'm on a Mac at the moment. Is it more difficult with a PC?

 
At 12:08 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

My husband, upon hearing the title, just mentioned to me that it sounded like a Hardy Boys book.

 
At 12:55 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Anyone who's having trouble with the key, you have to switch to the British version of the site first. Click on the UK flag on the home page.

Which, sadly, I only figured out after I'd caved and read the spoilers myself. No Hangman for me.

 
At 3:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read in the paper today that Jo is back to writing in cafes, to revive the old feeling she had for the first book. Wouldn't she be mobbed in a cafe? Wouldn't the paparazzi lenses be trained on her draft the whole time?

 
At 3:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, you're spoilin' the title! Think of the children! Won't someone please think of the children!

Honestly, with the state of Hangman skills in this country...

 
At 4:51 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Hangman isn't in the title. No fears there. We are nothing if not coy at this site.

 
At 8:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe she'd pass up 07.07.07 for the 7th book. That can't be right, it just can't be.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home