Fuse #8

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

A Piece on New York Review

This pans out nicely. The following article came out a mere day or two after I brought some attention to the New York Review of Books blog. From the Washington Post, reporter Bob Thompson sheds some much needed light on the wonders of reprinting lost treasures. I found this statement particularly spot on.
And whatever the numbers, the books' reappearance makes booksellers and buyers happy -- reversing, in a tiny but symbolic way, the odious publishing trend toward keeping books in print for shorter and shorter periods of time.
It has inspired me to add a little link section at the side of my blog entitled BRING IT BACK!!! They're my little treasures. Let me know if they hit your bookstore shelves anytime soon.

Thanks to Bookninja for the link.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home