Fuse #8

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Kidlit Drink Night Announcement

Are you ready to rock?

Cheryl Klein and I have two dates for you party animals to remember. Date number one is a mere week away, so get that suit pressed and those earrings buffed. Or shined. Whatever it is you do with earrings. Sweet and Vicious (now with its own Wikipage!) will once again be our site of destination on January 11th, starting at 6:00 p.m. If you live in NYC, are visiting during that time, or just feel like taking a road trip to The Big Apple for the sole purpose of discussing the relative merits (or lack thereof) of the 2006/2007 kidlit season, please come. Librarians, editors, authors, illustrators, teachers, and god-knows-what-all are more than welcome. I will be the lady who traipses out at 8:30 to score some delicious rice pudding just a block away. You may join me if you're so inclined. And please be sure to thank Cheryl, who was good enough to think of having another Kidlit Drink Night.

That's date #1. Date #2 coincides with the SCBWI Conference AND the en masse field trip of the ever delightful (and mighty sweet) Class of 2k7. They're coming to visit me! And step out with me! And look at Winnie-the-Pooh (who I will not allow to come to Drink Night, no matter how he begs, as I still remember how he looked after the last time.) This second drink night (and I'll post closer to the event) will happen February 9th. Mark your calenders accordingly.

By the way, if I called these events "Hobblogging" as opposed to "Hobnobbing" would you consider me a complete and utter geek beyond all help, or just a mildly eccentric geek who could come around with some gentle counseling?

5 Comments:

At 1:35 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally just read that as "hobgoblinning," which tells you the kind of books I work with all day. :)

 
At 8:24 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

On first reading the term, I thought that Hobblogging had something to do with hobbits. Although I liked Stacy's take on it as "hobgoblinning," which sounds like more fun.

 
At 9:04 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hobblogging? Counseling at worst, Fuse. Perhaps a low-key intervention on the eleventh.

Rebecca

 
At 9:14 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait for our 2k7 shindig! Though we will miss Pooh. Really he didn't look THAT bad after the last one. I've seen plenty of worse looking critters after a drink night...

Rose

 
At 2:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hobbloggingoblinloblogginhobbits...
Sounds like the drinking is well under way.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home