Fuse #8

Thursday, January 11, 2007

From the Fish/Robot/Missing Link

I love the game of Balderdash. It requires some slight intelligence on the players' part, and it's anyone's game. We're playing it tomorrow at a friend's house and I just can't keep from thinking about it. Perhaps I should turn my attention instead then to LieBrary. I don't watch Ellen and I don't watch Oprah, so it wasn't until I saw it mentioned on Jen Robinson's Book Page that I discovered what this was. Jen describes it as such:
It's like Balderdash, where you make up definitions for obscure words and people have to guess the right definition. In LieBrary, you are given the name and title of a book, and you make up a convincing first line. You get points if someone votes for your made-up line. The box, needless to say, looks like a book.
I used to collect first lines of children's books. This year had an excellent cropping of them, and for a while there I was keeping track of my favorites. But am I right in saying that the creator of this game was Daryl Hannah? How out of the blue is that?

Thanks to Jen Robinson for the link.

4 Comments:

At 12:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, it was Daryl Hannah, and it's a great game! Some of the real first lines are terrible - they don't get any votes, because who would publish that?! Pretty funny.

 
At 12:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really want it! And you know, I saw the thing about Darryl Hannah, but for some reason it didn't register with me as weird. Not sure what that says about me, but I definitely want this game.

 
At 4:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darryl Hannah? Her biggest "hit" was Splash in the 80s. Clearly, she's been reading all of these years and will surprise us with her own autobiography in the next few years. Lookout, Suzanne Sommers.

 
At 8:54 PM , Blogger Nancy said...

I love Balderdash and I so want this game now!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home