Fuse #8

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Kidlit Drink Night UPDATE

ATTENTION HARDY PARTIERS OF THE KIDLIT PERSUASION

Please note: When attending Bar Nine Friday evening at 7:30 p.m., I have reserved a room for us. I have reserved it under my own name. My name, for the record, is Betsy Bird. No. Really. That's my name. No joke.

Now if you would like to stand awkwardly in the main portion of the bar, I cannot stop you. If, however, you would like to meet up in my room, just locate it by asking someone. I have fashioned a rough approximation of what I should look like for the occasion.

This is me with bad hair:





I shouldn't be hard to find. You will find that my shirt references a recent Unshelved cartoon as well.

And if you're coming from out of town, allow me to direct you to Cheryl Klein's great list of things to do in the city. Sums up NYC's offerings with characteristic aplomb.

I'll be seeing you soon.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 9:24 AM , Blogger MotherReader said...

We're on the same wave length for identifying clothing. I'm going with my Haiku T-shirt.

Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator.

Now should I contact John Green to make sure he doesn't wear his Haiku T-shirt or do you want to do that?

Seriously, he's coming, right? Right?

 
At 10:07 AM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

er....

Uh, SURE he's coming. Uh-huh. Now, I'm gonna stand over here and ... uh...

Oh look! Mo Willems!

*cloud of dust*

 
At 1:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Regarding your name, my kids think Elizabeth Bird is just about the coolest name they've ever heard. Why? Because before I "met" you, they used to tell me that I should write under the pseudonym Elizabeth Duck.

 
At 6:59 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Plus you get all the benefits of alliteration with "Betsy Bird". I've found a character named that in John Crowley's, "Little, Big", but few other pieces of literature and very few children's books. Google the name and what comes up? A Jim Henson puppet. I mean, it's a cute puppet, but it totally gets more hits than I do.

 
At 7:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like to get on the Kiki Strike bandwagon, but I can't get over the name. Doesn't it bother you that it's spanish slang for *** and filipino slang for ****?

 
At 8:28 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Well, you have to understand that my favorite body of water in all the world is Lake Titicaca. That should tell you something right there. I can still sing the Animaniac song in its honor.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home