Kids Lit: Extremely Helpful As Ever, As Always
Thanks to Kids Lit our attention has been shifted to the all new ALSC ChildTech Wiki. And what a good idea it is too. With the ever shifting Web out there, permanent lists of online resources tend to become outdated in a year or less. Says the site, "Please feel free to add information regarding technology within the realm of library services for children." It's still in the early stages without many resources listed, but add your two cents if you've a yen to do so and watch it grow.
Even more fun, Kids Lit also linked to the recent Edgar nominees.
- Gilda Joyce: The Ladies of the Lake by Jennifer Allison (Penguin Young Readers - Sleuth/Dutton)
- The Stolen Sapphire: A Samantha Mystery by Sarah Masters Buckey (American Girl Publishing)
- Room One: A Mystery or Two by Andrew Clements (Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers)
- The Bloodwater Mysteries: Snatched by Pete Hautman & Mary Logue (Penguin Young Readers - Sleuth/Putnam)
- The Case of the Missing Marquess: An Enola Holmes Mystery by Nancy Springer (Penguin Young Readers - Philomel/Sleuth)
I'm pleased as punch to see the inclusion of Nancy's Springer's Enola Holmes. To my mind this was one of the too little appreciated books of 2006. A really fun mystery with an exceedingly strong grasp on the whole Holmes mythos. Read it if you've a moment to spare. I give it to all the kids looking for mysteries.