Fuse #8

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Bells On Your Boxers?

My library is gearing up for a slam-bang, whiz-bop, good-as-it-could-possibly-get Captain Underpants Party. We're talking underwear on the outside of clothing and on your head and anywhere else underwear is not supposed to go. I've my heart set on a pair of utterly out-of-date He-Man underoos. Oh, Santa. Where are you when I need you?

In any case this party will be on Saturday, April 21, from approximately 3:00-4:45, and you're all invited. Now Captain Underpants creator Dav Pilkey is apparently notoriously reclusive. This is what I have heard. Yet some research done by my co-workers pulled up this highly amusing speech he gave to a group of teachers not too long ago. There's a lovely shot of John Mason at the beginning (charming man) and then Dav proceeds to explain how he pretty much loathed and despised every teacher he ever had. That sounds bad, except he manages to say it in such a way that the audience loves him all the more by the end. Good stuff, in case you've ever wondered what the real Dav Pilkey was like.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home