Fuse #8

Saturday, February 17, 2007

A Solution To That Age Old Cover Problem

Are you a new author?
Do you fret and fuss over the decisions forced upon you by your first-time publisher?
Do you find that the cover of your very first book looks, not to put too fine a point on it, positively horrid? Like a kind of sci-fi post-apocalyptic horror image on your not-sci-fi-at-all book?
Well, fret no longer because the solution is here!
With the quick application of a vinyl sticker you can change your book from this:

... to this...

Yes, folks. Get the cover YOU deserve. Just slap the new one on top of the old and voila! You're happy. The publisher's happy. Everybody's pleased.

Thanks to MediaBistro for the link.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 10:06 AM , Blogger bb said...

I think this may be just about the best thing I've ever seen! Especially because, while I love to read -- and do read some good stuff, Maynard -- I really do judge books by their covers. Shameful, I know. But I can't help it. When there's a lame cover and a good cover sitting next to each other on a shelf, what's a designery type to do??

 
At 10:18 AM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Well, precisely. And think of all the poor first-time authors without any say in the kinds of covers that get slapped on their books willy-nilly. Ah, covers. My favoritest subject ever.

 
At 6:09 PM , Blogger Blue Rose Girls said...

The 2nd cover is much more eye-catching. Oh dear, I'm tempted to blog about this. Hmmm. Will trouble follow?

meghan

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home