Fuse #8

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

They Don't Hardly Make 'Em Like These, No More

I have just located a list of 11 Least Intimidating Movie Villains that is well worth your precious time and energy. Two children's films in particular ended up on the list.

Number One:
Nothing as in The Nothing in The Neverending Story

"Hey. You know what would have made a scarier villain in this movie than 'The Nothing'?... 'The Something'."

Number Two:
David Bowie as The Goblin King Jareth in Labyrinth

"Director: David, this just isn't working. I'm just not buying you as a terrifying, wicked villain right now. Do you have any ideas?
Bowie: Well, I guess we could put more glitter on me.
Director: Good. That could work."

Dunno if I agree with that one. You ever watched Bowie's nether regions during the Dance, Magic, Dance sequence? It still gives me chills.

Thanks to Cinematical for the link.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 10:38 AM , Blogger Dan McCoy said...

This post was the recipient of the coveted "Best Use of Tags" award.

 
At 3:09 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Thank you, Dan. I was having a hard time remembering euphemisms. I don't think "bacon and eggs" is widely recognized, but I threw it in there. Then I remembered "twigs and berries" but couldn't bring myself to delete the bacon & eggs idea.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home