Fuse #8

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

What Do You Get Out of Blogging?

It's a legitimate question.

Me, I get the satisfaction that comes with playing a really intense video game. As I play, my user stats go up. It's the same sense of accomplishment you get when you've won a particularly difficult portion of Tetris.

Bookseller Chick wonders what it all means, though:
... what kind of content do you expect from your writers who blog? How about from the bloggers who aren’t (and never will be) “professional” writers? With the proliferation of writer blogs, group writer blogs, reader blogs and the personal blogs that blend all these things into one, I’ve really begun to question what I need from each source as well as how each affects my thoughts on the blogger. How much is too much? How much is not enough?
You don't want to hear me wax poetic on my own blogging because, frankly, that would be dull. I am very interested in the idea of "brand loyalty" though. Some people find a blog they like and stick with it through thick and thin. They find the idea of looking at more than one blog a day tiresome. I, on the opposite end of the spectrum, look at tons of blogs, if I'm able, so as to cull information for the following day. I have no brand loyalty, though there are certain places I prefer to visit first.

Head on over to this posting and offer your own thoughts. Some fine minds have already left their opinions.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 1:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about leaving our thoughts here???

I am delighted that you like to look at tons of blogs. Yes, please, and then tell us all the news. I especially love the insider reports of trips to the publishers for viewings of the new lists.

I am down to three blogs. You, the BRGs and Mr. Roger.

Katherine

 
At 11:04 AM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Who is Mr. Roger?

 
At 12:11 AM , Blogger Greg Pincus said...

Mr. Roger had a neighborhood, didn't he? But I suspect Katherine means Roger Sutton.

But I do wish to echo her comment that your insider reports totally rock. Oh, the rest of the blog rocks, too, but I've said that before!

 
At 12:56 AM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Oooooh. THAT Roger. Right-o. Me so slow.

Well, I for one read Gotta Book every day. So there you go.

 
At 12:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Definitely brand loyal when it comes to blgs; I read you, honorable Fuse, & Chicken Spaghetti. Indeed, I do find it tiresome (& a wee bit difficult as a student) to troll through numerous blogs per day. Thankfully, you do that for your brand-loyal audience & we reap the benefits!
--Laura B.

 
At 12:19 AM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Yay, brand loyal audiences! When I am rich I'll send you all homemade brownies in thanks.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home