Fuse #8

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Fun With Covers

You guys know my penchant for cool covers. I love them so much that whenever I hear that a friend is going out of the country I beg them to buy me a Harry Potter from whatever region they're visiting, just so I can have a new cover to look at. Current kooky cover winner of a nation: Italy. Them guys is craaaazy.

When I was a child my aunt wrote a little YA (it was called something else then) and sometimes she'd send us the cool worldwide covers of her book. It was with great pleasure then that I saw a recent posting on The Fire Escape by delightful, charming, sweet-as-sugar-on-the-vine author Mitali Perkins. In it, she compares the various covers of her first book The Sunita Experiment. That first cover is the one we have in our children's room in paperback form. Right between Lynn Rae Perkins and Julie Ann Peters. Good company.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 12:46 AM , Blogger Ashok Kizhepat said...

Thanks for your blog URL submission at HARRY POTTER BLOGS

 
At 9:10 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are those rats or mice that they're wearing. And why?

 
At 9:55 AM , Blogger Julie Bowe said...

Fuse, I was in Denmark last year and took a picture of the Danish cover for Half Blood Prince. It's quite creepy! If you'd like to take a peek, I'd be happy to send it along to you.

Julie Bowe

 
At 11:58 AM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Kelly, you have pinpointed the weirdness of the Italians. You should see what he's wearing in "Chamber of Secrets".

And Julie, I'd adore a glimpse of the Danish 1/2BP if you can send it along. I know their earlier covers were pretty cool, so I'd love to see what they've done later.

 
At 3:05 PM , Blogger mbpbooks said...

Thanks, Fusie, but I can imagine my sons reading this post. "Fuse," they'd respond in astonishment, "Ya sure ya got the right Mitali Perkins? The one with the Big Yelling Voice?"

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home