Fuse #8

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Well This Just Throws the Whole Poetry Friday Idea for a Loop

Woah.

Sometimes I would like a long list of Newbery firsts. For example, is this the first instance that a Newbery chair of a committee had a book of their own come out on the year they were serving? Probably not. But howzabout the first committee chair who had a book of POETRY come out on the year they served? Eh? Eh? Top THAT one, 'cause current chair Nina Lindsay's Today's Special Dish, due out in April, is currently being reviewed on 7-Imp. Jules and Eisha do, as you might expect, a top notch job of it. Really tap into the tenor and flavor of the book. It's worth your while to give their review a gander.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 9:11 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, Betsy. One of the many things I like about the anthology --- as seen by the poem that Nina allowed me to share with everyone in its entirety -- is that a good many of them are truly poems that we children's librarians can enjoy, since that is what she does and she brings a bit of that into some of those creations. I just love the one that she let me share, for instance.

But I didn't put that in the review, for I don't want to sound like I'm pigeonholing her and her work -- the poems transcend any one job, in other words, and are not all about one's work, of course. But I mean, just check out the ending of the one in the review. Love it. Can we children's librarians put that on a banner or bookmark or adopt it as our barbaric yawp or something? What a great image she gives us there.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home