Fuse #8

Thursday, April 19, 2007

If True Then Where's the Nancy Pearl Squeeze Doll?

Saqib Saddiq has our number. He's determined the occupation that suffers the most stress and it's (drumroll please) librarians. TA-DAH! Says he:

"Firefighters and police are trained to deal with the stresses that their jobs undoubtedly entail; librarians and school teachers are less likely to have these support systems in place."

Bear in mind that only 300 people were polled, of course. One wonders what kinds of librarians he looked at too. People who lump the profession into a big squishy ball often forget that the job has so many different variations. The corporate librarian won't deal with the stresses of the librarian in the public school. And the academic won't be under the pressure a cataloger might face. In America there are undoubtedly many stressed librarians, but in my personal experience I've found that teachers are some of the most pressured people I know. I vaguely wonder if anyone recently done a study of this sort in the U.S. Hm.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 10:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boo- to that I work at an amazing library and my job rocks.

 
At 2:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

They must be talking specifically about the Baker Street librarians in Maplewood, N.J. (Just kidding!)

But I would have guessed Lovely Rita (Meetah Maid) has the most stress on the job.

 
At 2:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, I love the title of this post.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home