Fuse #8

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Surely This is a Joke... Right?

Looks like a hoax to me. Gotta be a hoax, right? This sort of thing just doesn't exist in the real world.

Dickens World? Are you screwing with my head? Unsurprisingly, the park seems to have latched onto the idea of plumbing A Christmas Carol for its Haunted House ideas. So will there be paid child waifs begging for change every step of the way for authenticity's sake? A smidgen of pleurisy? A dollop of gout? The fact that (as Mediabistro themselves pointed out) Harry Potter is also getting his own theme park is a bit... really really peculiar.

I'm going to say it again. Dickens World.

Nope.

Didn't sound any more likely the second time.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At 8:17 AM , Blogger SilberBook-Blog said...

It was the best of rides...it was the worst of rides.

Can't wait to get in line at the gruel cart!

alan

 
At 8:51 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My god. This reminds me of when I read that the Roald Dahl Museum includes a replica of his "writing hut," complete with special chair to accomodate his bad back. Whee!

 
At 10:28 AM , Blogger F. S. Poesy said...

I'm holding out for Dante's Inferno World. I hear the River Styx Burning Rapids ride is gonna be totally HOT!

 
At 10:31 AM , Blogger Dan McCoy said...

From this week's batch of rejected jokes:

"A new theme park in England has opened called Dickens World, which dedicated to the author Charles Dickens. It’s no relation to the Dickens World in Amsterdam, which is dedicated to... other things."

Not that funny, huh? Yeah, SNL didn't think so either.

 
At 10:33 AM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

I dunno. Took me a second to get it, though. I'm chortling over Alan's line at the top there. Good call, dude!

 
At 11:09 AM , Blogger Dan McCoy said...

You were probably just shocked shocked by my willingness to work blue.

 
At 3:55 PM , Blogger Gail Gauthier said...

I think this sounds fantastic! Like something right out of Jasper Fforde. I think Inferno World sounds good, too.

Both of these places would be great for college students who don't want to read the books. They could take off for the theme parks with a bunch of friends.

 
At 9:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We were discussing this as well, and we pretty much came up with the same list of attractions. I think the best comment was D.L. Garfinkel's suggestion that the snack bars serve a few spoonfuls of gruel, then smack you when you ask for more. Or perhaps theme rides such as "The Guillotine" and "The Bastille."

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home