Fuse #8

Saturday, April 21, 2007

New Little Prince Drawing

Everyone has that one children's book that gives them the creeps. I disliked the Mr. Men books. Other people can't stand The Lorax. But I was never very aware of the cluster of people who found themselves creeped out by The Little Prince when they were wee tots. My first view of this title wasn't in book form nor even as the movie with dreamy dreamy Gene Wilder, but instead that cheapo anime TV version they used to play on Nickelodeon. So I never felt much of anything towards it. Now someone has discovered a lost watercolor that may have been created for The Little Prince back in the day. The Drawn blog would have mentioned it earlier, but it couldn't deal with the fear that book still instills. Fascinating.

Thanks to Children's Illustration for the link.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 12:38 PM , Blogger Jennie said...

ooooo that cartoon was weird!

I had to read en francais for for French in high school and when she handed them out I creeped out. Ewww... I have to read that book about that weird cartoon with the flower that never made sense? What? and in French? If it never made sense in English, I'm dooooooooomed!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home