Fuse #8

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Hot Men of Children's Literature - Part 11 in a series

My job would be so much easier if male children's authors just started posing naked on-line more often. They've no consideration at all. THAT's their problem. I couldn't decide which picture to use with my latest addition to The Hot Men of Children's Literature. So I've included all of them. In spite of his continual bitter comments against my precious children's room, I have forgiven this week's hot man because A) He was thrown out of my room long before my time and B) I'm running out of hot men. I will say, however, that one of the higher-ups in my library almost cancelled out the fellow because he looked (in her words) "scruffy". There. Now we're even. So this week I present to you (drumroll please)...

CHRIS RASCHKA
As shown here...



and here ...



and here ...

I forgive you, Chris. Now make bloody certain you don't bring it up at the ALA Conference in New Orleans or your lovely acceptance speech may be interrupted by the loud grinding of someone's teeth.

6 Comments:

At 1:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thrown out for what? Tell, tell!

 
At 2:14 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

The story, as he tells it, states that when he was young and first thinking of becoming a children's illustrator he came to the Donnell Central Children's Room to look at picture books. Unfortunately he had long hair and a black leather jacket. For this reason alone he was told to leave the premises. Now due to the fact that ALL the children's librarians in the Donnell Central Children's room wear black leather jackets and have long to longish hair, it seems a touch unfair to hold this incident from decades ago against us. Ah well.

 
At 2:19 PM , Blogger web said...

Oh, those glasses! droooooool.......

 
At 6:30 PM , Blogger Kelly said...

Those selfish men! I tell you...

 
At 9:58 PM , Blogger web said...

I just realized why the glasses picture got to me. He looks a lot like my Big Mom Crush, Steve from "Blues Clues."

I will now go dunk my burning face in a bucket.

 
At 10:17 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

That's okay. I used to have a thing for Jeff on that old Canadian/Nickelodeon t.v. show, "Today's Special". Years later my mother informed me that he was gay. I'm still trying to recover from the shock.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home