Fuse #8

Sunday, April 23, 2006

My Favorite Birthday Present

Today was my birthday and I received many lovely presents of a variety of shapes and sizes. They were all lovely and I enjoyed each one, but unbeknownst to me, the best present was waiting in my e-mail's in-box. There I found a message with the subject line, "From Jules Feiffer". Jules Feiffer. The Jules Feiffer. He was writing to say nice things about a review I wrote for his book, "A Room With a Zoo" on Amazon.com. If you are familiar with that book then you may find interesting his information on the true story behind the book's events. He said:

"Writing this book was about as much fun as I've ever had doing anything. And, to bring you up to date: both cats, Jesse and Timmy, who were in fact seventeen years and nineteen years respectively, died last year. Julie got her dog shortly after I finished the first draft. She's a one-eyed Chihuahua, mixed-breed, whom we adopted from Petco on upper Broadway, and she and Julie's new kitten, Daisy, play like mother and child".

So there you have it. Jules Feiffer, THE Jules Feiffer, sent me an e-mail and I'm so happy I could just burst into two. Turning 28 is GREAT! Why didn't anybody ever tell me?

1 Comments:

At 11:30 AM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

I can't seem to post original messages this morning. This is to test whether or not I can post comments.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home