Fuse #8

Friday, April 28, 2006

A Message From a Hot Man

The total count of Hot Men of Children's Literature who have heard from in some manner climbs to 2 this week. Note the following:


Dear Miss Fuse,

It has come to my attention that I am to be considered ‘hotter’ than some guy named Philip Nel.

What has Philip Nel ever done to you?

Let me say for the record that I, catagorically, am not hot. I am ‘luke-warm’ on a good day.

In the interest of proper catogorizing (you are a librarian, no?), I suggest a new sub-heading of “Ehh…” for me and other unfortunate ‘tepid men of children’s lit’ you may encounter in the future (in order of tepidity, obviously).

If you insist on your inaccurate labeling of my relative heat, I will be forced to direct you to my forthcoming “YOU CAN NEVER FIND A RICKSHAW WHEN IT MONSOONS”, a graphic memoir of a year-long trip around the world I made 15 years back. This eccentric volume features a distressingly ‘Everybody Wang-Chung Tonite’ period author photo.

Yours tepidly,

Mo Willems

PS: Brian S. and Kadir N., who admittedly possess heat, will join me in an exhibit this May at the Eric Carle Picture Book Museum. The hottest member of the show? Betsy Lewin.


I responded in kind. And no, we will not be establishing a Tepid Men of Children's Literature. Sorry, folks. In my reply I made a not-so-mild lunge for his new book and re-established his hotness on the old Blogroll to your right. Now go pre-order his book immediately.

At this rate I can someday work on the old Hot Men of Children's Literature calender. Oh, Rob Scotton......

6 Comments:

At 9:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have got to be having so much fun with this! I know I'm sure enjoying reading about the hot men of children's lit. Mo tepid? I think not!

Susan Taylor Brown
http://susanwrites.livejournal.com

 
At 10:29 PM , Blogger Bookseller Chick said...

Mo Willems wrote you? Mo Willems wrote you! I'm...I'm jealous, in awe, and really all the more with the jealousy. Gah! What I wouldn't give for a picture of Pigeon (the only pigeon worth knowing). Maybe if I mention how often we sell out of pigeon and knuffle bunny...

Congrats on the email funniness, good luck with the lunge, and much agreement that Mr. Willems deserves the title of hot children's writer.

BSC

P.S. Since I'm all about soul-clensing admissions of jealousy, I'm also jealous of your "Why The Chicken Crossed the Road" book. There. Guilt lifted.

 
At 12:55 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darn.

Forget the two posts a day. This is priceless.

KT

 
At 10:44 AM , Blogger Kelly said...

Oh my god, that e-mail is the best thing I've read in a while (and proves his hotness completely.

 
At 2:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, Betsy Lewin is pretty hot. Any woman who can change from safari khakis to leather jacket and pants and pull both looks off equally well is to be commended.

 
At 1:03 PM , Blogger Sarah Stevenson said...

(Commenting really late here)

Little does he know, this reply only makes him more hot.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home