Fuse #8

Saturday, June 17, 2006

See Me. Hear Me.

Well, it's been a banner week for me. My piece on NY1 has now been posted online. I'm the one in the blue shirt, should anyone wish to look at it/me. The kicker is that it hasn't aired yet and may do so Monday at (oh me, oh my) six in the morning. I kid you not. Ah well. Them's the breaks o' fame n' fortune. It's not a bad piece in that it shows lots of shots of my pretty pretty library. My shout-out to Babymouse didn't get included (which makes me sad) and while the books featured are all on our Summer Reading List they're .... interesting choices. Please don't cringe too terribly when you hear someone mispronouncing both Chato and the Party Animals AND The House of Dies Drear. How is it possible to mispronounce them both? Check out the link to hear it for yourself.

8 Comments:

At 12:37 PM , Blogger Saints and Spinners said...

Hurrah! May this be just the first of many appearances on NY1. It's great that there's an actual link. I have a video-tape of my 15 seconds of fame on NY1, but it's not much use to anyone without a television or VCR.

By the way, I'm looking forward to the day you meet Chris Raschka and give him what-for over repeating a long out-of-date story of DCH.

 
At 1:09 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Oh I shall. You betcha. Do YOU know who the librarian was who pitched him out? John and Ms. Liu had their theories but nothing definite. I would love to know, personally.

 
At 2:49 PM , Blogger Saints and Spinners said...

All I know is that the librarian had "horns and a tail." So far, I'm drawing a blank!

 
At 5:20 PM , Blogger MotherReader said...

That was fantastic. Thanks for the break from what feels like the longest book ever, King Dork. Oh, King Dork is the book title. I wasn't calling you King Dork. Just want to make that clear.

 
At 10:03 AM , Blogger Mrs.Bowllan said...

Congrats!

The piece looks great and from what I know about NY1 they re-air their special segments throughout the day. There's also the Video on Demand feature in case you miss it.

Regards,
Amy

 
At 10:34 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You looked great! Hair, makeup, and electric blue shirt. Excellent.

You sounded great! Not only with good soundbites, but made up for the announcer's mispronunciations.

Brava!

 
At 11:38 AM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Pshwaw! You're sweet. And hey, if you guys want to call me King Dork, feel free. I'm cool with that.

 
At 4:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not to mention their suggesting those three were NEW books...

(but I agree the makeup was great.)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home