Fuse #8

Thursday, June 15, 2006

According To This, I Should Really Be Lazier

Happened to run across this l'il ole piece on the Internet the other day entitled, Why Blog Post Frequency Does Not Matter Anymore. I was intrigued. One Mister Eric Kintz lists the top ten reasons why posting on a blog every day is a bad idea. Some of what he has to say makes sense to me. #6: Frequent posting drives poor content quality. Maybe so. But when you have #8 - Frequent posting will push corporate bloggers into the hands of PR agencies and #2 - Traffic is irrelevant to your blog's success anyway I have to wonder where this fella's loyalties lie. Take a gander, in any case. With his encouragement, maybe I'll become one of those once-a-week posters rather than a Review-a-Day type.

4 Comments:

At 9:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting! I do think that the bit about traffic being driven by the community makes some sense. But of course, if you don't post, people in your community have nothing to link to. I agree that #2 is questionable. But overall, it's good food for thought. And will make me feel less pressure when I go on vacation soon, and can't post for a while.

 
At 9:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

He lies and he is evil.

Post.

 
At 10:41 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

I suspect that second post was from my mother. All right, mom. I'll keep posting.

 
At 1:20 AM , Blogger Greg Pincus said...

I totally think he's correct about the community at large driving traffic. In fact, I know he's right. That said, there are other key questions to ask yourself like "why am I blogging" and "what is blog success to me?" I think his post is largely talking about folks who view blogging on a different level than we do. Or I do. I'm not trying to get 10,000 views a day. Or at least not EVERY day!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home