Fuse #8

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Book-a-Minute

I cannot give enough praise to my darling little SiteMeter. Without it I might never have found A Year In Reading, which is a charming blog by two teachers who are attempting, in the course of their reading, to find the next Newbery. And because of them I discovered the Book-a-Minute site. The title's a touch misleading. It's more along the Book-a-15-Seconds deal, but we won't hold them to it. My favorite?
The Giving Tree
By Shel Silverstein
Ultra-Condensed by Dan Donahue

Reader

I can't believe you cut that tree down, you jerk.

THE END

C'est manifique!

5 Comments:

At 11:35 AM , Blogger Leila said...

Oh, I LOVE that link, and I haven't looked at it in ages. Thanks for reminding me!

 
At 1:30 PM , Blogger Saints and Spinners said...

I am so linking this link. For sure.

 
At 1:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very funny! Reminds me of the Little House board books that were published by Harper several years ago:

This is Laura. She lives on the prairie.

This is her sister, Mary. She lives on the prairie, too.

They live with Ma and Pa and Baby Carrie.

Laura loves her home on the prairie.

THE END

This led us to a marketing idea: board book versions of the Newbery books called "Newberies for Sal."

 
At 5:00 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Newberies for Sal.
Genius.
I, personally, would take out a loan and pay someone extravagantly if they could come up with a board book version of my least favorite Newbery (we all have one) "Daniel Boone" that was ALSO inoffensive. Hee hee hee.

 
At 1:15 PM , Blogger tanita✿davis said...

The Collected Works of Anne McCaffrey has me wiping tears. It's FAR too accurate:

Female Lead
I secretly love Male Lead. He must never know.
Male Lead
I secretly love Female Lead. She must never know.
(They find out.)

THE END


Merci!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home