Fuse #8

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

A Kids Blog In the Purest Sense of the Term

Japan is cool right now.
So cool, in fact, that every child and teen I know at this library want nothing more than to spend semester after semester there. So it just makes sense to find ways to feed this all-encompassing hunger for all things Japanese. The Here and There Japan site is one of those rare blogs created for the sole purpose of entertaining and informing kids. I mean, I write about children's books all the time, but I seriously doubt anyone under the age of 19 has ever read my postings (with the exception of the kids trying to get book report summaries, of course). This site, in contrast, shows them all the day-to-day ins and outs of living in Japan. And I found the billboard ad with Tommy Lee Jones's face on it particularly entrancing.

Thanks to the School Library Journal blog for the link.

3 Comments:

At 9:48 PM , Blogger bb said...

I absolutely love this site. What a sweet tone and, man, it's actually informative. Excellent link. Thanks!

 
At 9:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amy Bowllan says,

I'm so AMAZED at the quality and content that Annie puts out on a daily basis. What a commitment she has to young people. I am also CONSTANTLY impressed by you Fuse for the same dedication to educators.
Great work! Thanks for the information you provide to readers.

 
At 11:00 AM , Blogger Annie Donwerth Chikamatsu said...

Thank you, Fuse, for your post about my blog. You might want to take a look at the July 25th post of another famous actor in an ad for Dandy House. Who better as a spokesman for a company by that name?

And thank you to those who have commented and stopped by my blog. I've been enjoying your blogs, Fuse and Amy. Thanks for your kind words and for spreading the word about mine. Annie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home