Fuse #8

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Hot Men of Children's Literature: Part 27 In a Series

We took a brief hiatus from this series so as to accrue as many nominations as possible. I've read them all. I've systematically filed them all away. And now I'm doing a fellow I should have done right from the start. Hot men come. Hot men go. Hot men fast. Hot men slow. But the man I chose today is known to all of us, young and old. He's the first fellow I've listed who has a particularly hot adult son that I wouldn't mind including as well, were it not for the possibility that the ICK factor of this blog might blow us all sky-high. Today's man is talented, hee-larious, and has only a single flaw that I can think of. Observe, then, as I present to you the many faces of . . .


JON SCIESZKA





Unfortunately for me, Jon has not spent his adult life having hot pictures of himself taken. I'm not entirely certain why that would be. What else has he gotta do with his time? Eh? Eh?

Now, to be perfectly honest with you, I fear the power of the soul patch. In fact, the sole (hee hee) reason he wasn't Part 2 in our HMOCL series was that I didn't know how to get around the square o' hair currently residing on the man's chin. Perhaps it is too hip for me. Dunno. Anywho, I was able to soothe my soul-patching-hatin'-heart with a couple younger images of the fellow in question. Photo #1 is, obviously, my favorite in all its tie-wearing glory. Photo #2 has a kind of Bill Nye appeal to it (again, with tie). Photo #3 is good, though it looks as if the very heavens of NYC above are about to open up and carry Jon off to kidlit nirvana (in spite of the fact that he is not wearing a tie).

I learned all sorts of stuff about this formerly most-difficult-to-pronounce-picture-book artist (his title has, by now, been well and truly trumped by previous HMOCL winner Jarrett Krosoczka). For example, like myself he is a Michigan native. His website Guys Read is the go-to reference source for any children's librarian with a patron bemoaning the fact that their son "isn't a reader." And his name rhymes with fresca. Honestly, who doesn't like fresca? Yum!

2 Comments:

At 12:09 AM , Blogger Sarah Darer Littman said...

Not to mention the fact that he's absolutely hilarious.

And yes, the father/son HMOCL factor is a little...kinky...being that this is a children's literature blog.

But you could at least show us pictures of aforementioned hot son. Because "Enquiring Minds Want To Know"...

 
At 11:10 AM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Had I been thinking of it at the time I would have snapped a shot of him at the recent Simon & Schuster Truck Town par-tay. Ah well. You'll just have to take my word on this one.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home