Fuse #8

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Jugbandmania

Hm. Not much to post today. So what better excuse need I have to drag this from my Wait Until Christmas files? Woe betide my readers when I like something. Fly By Night? I'll run that topic into the ground and dance a tarantella on the dust (re: one of my postings a little farther down). Emmet Otter? Baby, there's nothing I won't do to promote that little bit of down home eccentricity. For the Riverbottom Nightmare Band fans amongst you, enjoy.



Honestly, until I rewatched this I had never noticed Chuck's (the bear) shoes. He acts like a tough guy most of the time, but get him on the stage and notice how shiny shiny he becomes.

The same friend who sent me this also noted that Progressive Boink had a posting on the topic. It's touch and go for the most part (for example, the author is unaware that Jim Henson didn't come up with the story in the first place), but I did like that someone pointed out that the weasel sings like Neil Young.

Thanks to Dan for the link.

3 Comments:

At 3:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you and that was extremely disturbing. Was that some sort of proto-Kermit go-go dancing in an aquarium?

-LB

 
At 9:19 PM , Blogger Little Willow said...

YES!

 
At 9:37 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

That was a catfish. Looking at it, I'm somewhat amazed that real bands didn't employ their own catfishes. White Snake could only have improved their act.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home