Fuse #8

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Listen To the Future

It seems a pity. Right now I've the latest Rick Riordan book in his Lightening Thief series just ah-sitting pretty on my desk at work. I refuse to read it until I've read any of the books that came before, yet I will not allow myself to glance at books one or two until the Newbery is over and done with. In the meantime, I'm certain that there are kids out there dying to get their cute little paws on this top-notch object. So to assuage my guilt I direct you to Mr. Riordan's website. Scroll down a little and you can hear the man himself read the first chapter of The Titan's Curse. How sweet would it be if other authors followed his lead? J.K. Rowling reading the first chapter of the last Harry Potter book would be a truly excellent thing, don't you think?

Thanks to Jen Robinson for the link.

2 Comments:

At 8:17 PM , Blogger Ms.Y said...

My sixth grade class would positively die if they knew there was an ARC out there of the third book going unread! We recently finished the first book and we even blogged about it with a class in France! (Here is our blog http://penpalsacrosstheatlantic.blogspot.com/ I managed to score a copy of the third book at NCTE but the line is now 14 students deep!

 
At 9:21 PM , Blogger Little Willow said...

I agree. Ally Carter read part of Love You Kill You at her MySpace page prior to the book's release, and that was a great promotional tool.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home