Fuse #8

Friday, December 22, 2006

Kidlit Book Blogger Meme

Care for a meme? I found this one at Confessions of a Bibliovore and figured that if Kids Lit was participating then I would too.

How many other kidlit blogs do you read?
Look at my blogroll. See everything there? That's who I read, baby. And some that aren't too, for that matter.

What's the most recent add?
Z Recommends - Run by Jeremiah McNichols it's not technically a children's book blog. Just covers a single child's preferences, really. I like that it contains fabulous links like self-aware baby booties and the regular series of Innovative Filmmakers Who Will Blow Your Toddler's Mind.

How often do you post a book review to your blog?
Ugh. It used to be every day. Weren't those nice times? Now I'm shut down until the Newbery's announced. And even then I think I may have to do one every three days or so. The daily review days are long gone.

Do you post about anything else?
Anything that amuses me. If it regards book blogging, children's books, reviewing, or anything I find funny (look at the puppies and hedgehogs!) then it'll probably show up at some point.

Do you only blog books you like, or the stinkers too?
It's gotten harder, certainly. This isn't an I Love Every Book In the World! blog. On the other hand, life's too short to seek out bad books and review them. I blog what strikes my fancy as interesting. In the new year I'll be doing less reviews, but I'll also be keeping a close watch on books that may be overrated.

How do you keep track of what you want to read?
I pile them on my desk or start bugging my co-workers for them. What I want to read and have in ARC form far outweigh what I want to read and haven't received.

How do you keep track of what you've read?
I have a list of 2006 Books that contains all the books I've read cover to cover for the year. It's a lovely list. Plus it'll be very useful when I create my Golden Fuse Awards (containing such categories as Best Villain of the Year, Best Trend, and Best Wordless Picture Book).

Do you work with kids?
I do.

In the age group of the books you mostly blog about?
Yup. Life's too short otherwise. We seem to be living in a golden age of YA titles, however. So it's impossible to avoid doing at least a little YA coverage now and then.

Do you read grown-up books?
My husband wonders the same thing. Often. Once the Newbery is over and done with I'll get back to that People's History of the United States by Howard Zinn that's been staring balefully at me since I put it down in July. So, yes. Eventually.

1 Comments:

At 9:27 AM , Blogger Jeremiah McNichols said...

Wow, thanks for the link! I must mention that I co-blog at Z Recommends with my lovely wife, Jenni. Together we cover a pretty broad spectrum - crafts and activities, books and movies, and the basic parenting stories - with the overall goal of serving up a mixed-up shopping and activity blog that isn't focused on high design and doesn't treat the marketplace as its sole source of solutions for creative parenting.

We are big fans of what you do and are thrilled to count you as a reader!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home