Fuse #8

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Class of 2k7 - Now It's Personal

Oh, they're gooood. Lord knows what they'll do when 2007 is over, but for now those crazy debut novel kids are hepping it up and they've got You Tube to help 'em out.



It's good. There's a longer explanation of its creators and origins on Book Trailer Park, actually, so please give it a glance. You know what would be even better than this though? A music video. Something along the lines of ok go. I'm thinking that every single author should sing a one-line description of their book, possibly to the tune of It's the End of the World As We Know It.

Oh! And I just discovered that due to the upcoming SCBWI conference in February, a ton of Class of 2k7ers are gonna be in my vicinity. Do you know what that means? That's right, baby. KIDLIT DRINK NIGHT! WOO-HOO!

Info to follow soon.

9 Comments:

At 9:22 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much, Fuse!! I actually think your suggestion for an REM knock-off is inspired (and it wouldn't require actual singing, which is a plus for me).

And I can't WAIT for kidlit drinks night.

Rebecca Stead
proud member, Class of 2k7

 
At 10:17 AM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Don't tempt me with a kidlit karaoke night. Not unless you want to see me doing a terrible Carole King imitation while belting out, "Pierre", at the top of my lungs.

Kidlit Class 2k7 Drink Night Info pending...

 
At 1:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, we do all really want to see you do Carole King.

And, um, I also want to see Greg Fishbone do some Janis, and I, myself, will sing the Theme from Flame, wearing my favorite lilac purple legwarmers with the white hearts.

Thanks for Drink Night. It's super exciting. I will try not to wear any Maine flannel and fleece combinations and scare anyone.

 
At 2:48 PM , Blogger Meghan McCarthy said...

Oooh, I can't compete against these people! Darn that YouTube!

I COULD start making videos but that stuff takes SOOOO long. When would I have time to make books? I know what I'm going to do instead. Fireside Chat with Meghan goes video. I will film my dramas instead of talking about them. Ha!

Yes, I'm thinking out loud again.

Drink Night - yay!

meghan

 
At 2:49 PM , Blogger Meghan McCarthy said...

p.s - my new thing is writing and singing songs. Don't mention karaoke. It's dangerous.

 
At 8:35 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Oh! That reminds me. Meghan, I tried to get that Aliens Are Coming audio link to work so that I could link to it, but it didn't go through. What site should I go to instead?

 
At 10:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pierre?
Ah no -- Alligators All Around is the best!

 
At 10:33 PM , Blogger Meghan McCarthy said...

Aliens was on google but google yanked it off because there was no video content (who knew they'd be so picky). I haven't figured out how to put it on my website as of yet. My plan, I think, is to put some visuals with it so it should be back up in a week... I hope!

 
At 12:05 AM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

I stand by Pierre. In how many children's songs is a character hit repeatedly with a folding chair? I rest my case.

Mine eyes will be peeled for the Aliens audio + new visuals then. Please to keep me updated.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home