Fuse #8

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Unemployed Piracy? I'm In!

Speaking of the most recent Publisher's Weekly, check it out:
Natalie Babbitt has written her first novel for children in 25 years, and Michael di Capua Books at Scholastic will publish it this May. Jack Plank Tells Tales tells of an out-of-work pirate in search of a new career. Babbitt has illustrated her middle-grade novel with black-and-white drawings throughout. She is the author of 14 books for children, including Tuck Everlasting , The Search for Delicious and Knee-Knock Rise, which won a Newbery Honor in 1971.
Okay. Admit it. You didn't know she was still kicking around, did you? I just realized that she hasn't published a book since I was 3-years-old. Mine eyes are now firmly fixed on every ARC that comes in my door. Scholastic's probably doing the happy happy joy joy dance as we speak.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At 1:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

She just came to talk to us at a Simmons symposium, oh, three years ago? Okay, not "just," but still rather recently. I hadn't thought about how long it had been since her last book. I think she's been teaching at Vermont College or something like that. Not sure.

 
At 6:10 PM , Blogger Mary Lee said...

Would it be okay if I wait 25 years before I teach another class of 5th graders?

 
At 8:05 PM , Blogger lisa greenwald said...

I am very excited about this!

 
At 12:21 AM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Awwww. You're sweet. Yeah, I'm in my late 20s. It's nice. I've one year and 2 months until I can stop saying that. But if I live to be 100 I don't think I'll ever reach Natalie Babbitt heights. THAT woman has it all.

 
At 4:39 AM , Blogger Dana S. Whitney said...

I'm excited, too. The Devil's Storybook(s) are among my favorites. I haven't been 20 for 30 years. Maybe I could write my FIRST book.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home