Fuse #8

Friday, March 30, 2007

The Pigeon Presents (and what it's not telling you)

Hey. Wanna see Mo Willems for free? Live in the New York area? Do ya do ya, huh huh, do ya? Happen to be free between the hours of 6 and 7:30 on Thursday, April 12th? Cause here's the deal: Pigeon Man is coming to my neck of the woods as part of the Donnell Central Children's Room's Spring Lecture Series. We also have two other magnificent guests coming, but I'll keep their names under wraps for at least another week or so.

The point is, our Spring Lecture Series is sometimes woefully unattended. These big big name authors come in and we get maybe ten folks to see them, tops. So our cheese cubes go uneaten, our strawberries wilt, and our tasty treats are devoured by our oddly eternally hungry pages (who appreciate it, but... y'know). This year my blog is doing fairly well and I'm hoping that some of you out there in the Apple of Largess will be willing to come on by for FREE and see Mo speak on whatsoever enters his furry little brain. If you've seen him do his shtick before then you know he's like a stand-up comedian. And he's FREE. And there's food. And there's me (though I'll probably be on desk or something). And I'm lovely. Just a peach.

And hey, if that's not enough to whet your whistle (you dry as dirt whistlers, you) then check out Mo's newest website Pigeon Presents. Why is this a good site to visit? Aside from the animation (run, Pigeon, run!), the voices (mostly Mo), and the swooning pigeon there are little previews like....

Knuffle Bunny Too.



Like it? Want to ask Mo about it? *THEN COME TO OUR SPRING LECTURE SERIES!!!!


*To be read in the same voice as when the pigeon screams, "Let me drive the bus."

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 7:53 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it weren't a seven-hour drive, I'd be there.

 
At 9:14 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

if only I didn't have to fly cross country.

 
At 10:34 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

do you have a scholarship fund for those of us that need plane tickets :)

stamping feet - all the good things go on in NYC - no wonder my daughter wants to live there (she's only 9)

 
At 5:49 PM , Blogger Jennifer Schultz said...

Shoot. I'd go.

That's too bad that the series doesn't attract a larger crowd. Maybe contact the library science schools at Pratt, St. John's, Queens College, Long Island University, maybe even Rutgers and Southern Connecticut State...give them flyers or promotional material, see if they have students clubs...contact the professors who teach children's literature and services (they might think to make it an extra credit assignment). Do the same with Bank Street and the other schools of education.

Don't mean to be bossy, since I don't know if this has been done! Just a thought.

 
At 9:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would love to come. Sadly, I will be on desk at my little library in NJ. RATS!

However, I will tell my classmates at libary school all about tomorrow in class. Hope all goes well.

 
At 12:08 AM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Huh.
You know what, Jennifer Schultz? I'm damned if those aren't fabulous suggestions. Let's see if I can convince The Powers That Be of that fact as well.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home