Fuse #8

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Funke Trouble

Avast ye, me maties! Thar be a bit o' confusion with the new Inkheart film. Arrrr.
Producer Andy Licht is suing New Line and author Cornelia Funke, claiming that he first submitted a manuscript of the book "Inkheart" for consideration as a feature film but was elbowed aside when the movie was greenlighted. New Line recently wrapped production on the Iain Softley-directed film, a children's fantasy starring Brendan Fraser, and set it for distribution in spring 2008..." (full details)
Suing the original author seemed an odd movie, but apparently this fella is claiming that both Funke and New Line removed him from the project in 2003. And who is Andy Licht? The producer of Waterworld and The Cable Guy. And if it turns out that Funke did indeed remove him as he said, I'm not sure I blame her as much as I should.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 1:07 AM , Blogger Greg Pincus said...

Eeeps! If he did work on setting the film up back before Inkheart was a big success, don't go dissing the man based on Waterworld (a flop) of Cable Guy (a success). You wouldn't want me taking full credit for Fuse 8 -- The Musical after all your hard work, would ya, even if it followed The Ishtarsical and A Riverdance Runs Through It....

 
At 6:31 AM , Blogger lifelongreader said...

Great find, Fuse. I just hope the movie lives up to my expectations.

It is still such a long way off, though. I will check imdb for updates nearer the time - it is due in March 2008, at the moment.

The cast sounds great - I have high hopes.

 
At 7:55 AM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Cable Guy was a success? Oh my stars and garters.

I'm now off to write The Ishtarsical since the name makes it sound so doggone good.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home