Fuse #8

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Me Want. Me Want For My Country.

Y'all know that once I like a children's author I latch onto their leg like a pit bull, chomp down hard, and won't let go. Just try to shake me off, Frances Hardinge! I'll never let you go!

Anywho, just learned from Kelly at Big A little a that Hardinge has a new book out called Verdigris Deep and it's been getting all kinds of cool reviews from the British Times here and here. When's it coming out in America? Your guess is as good as mine. The Amazon record is apparently just for the Australian version. Now if you don't mind, I'm going to go find Michael Stearns and poke him until Harper Collins consents to buy it for America.

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

At 1:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nicolette Jones's review in The Times is spot-on. The language in Verdigris Deep is brilliant (just like Fly By Night). I was weeping with envy each time I encountered yet another perfect phrase. In particular, though, I loved the main trio: Ryan, Josh and Chelle. Great characters: quirky, but convincingly normal and very well handled. I was quite sad to say good-bye to them when I finished the book this weekend (but very pleased to be in the UK so that I could meet them!).

 
At 3:45 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

So... uh... you wouldn't... uh... wanna lend me a book, would you? Wouldja couldja?

 
At 11:49 AM , Blogger Jenny Schwartzberg said...

I just went and ordered both of Frances Hardinge's books from Amazon.uk due to your raves about them. There seems to be an explosion of great new British fantasy writers, such as Catherine Webb. Have you read her Horatio Lyle books? I'm planning to order her other books soon.
Jenny Schwartzberg

 
At 1:25 PM , Blogger Mikalroy said...

Oh, dear goof, of course we're publishing it here. And her next one, too, which is strange and wonderful. And a fourth book, which looks as though it may be another Mosca Mye title...

However! (There is always a however.) For various complicated and boring reasons, we are not going to publish her second novel until next spring. :(

M.

 
At 4:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am going to be in Scotland in 3 weeks and I will defintely be picking this up. Have you managed to get a copy yet Fuse?

 
At 12:36 PM , Blogger Sarah Stevenson said...

Oh, yay! Good news to make my Monday. The only sad part is having to wait...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home