Fuse #8

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

In Which My Blog and I Debate a Matter



Me:
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz . . . .

Fuse #8: Hey! Wakey wakey! How was Kidlit Drink Night?

Me: . . . . zzzzzzzzz . . . wha . . . what?

Fuse #8: Don't pull the sleepy librarian bit on me. You have a job to do. Report!

Me: Dude, I'm exhausted. I was with these awesome Queens librarians and they were talking all this stuff about Eleanore of Aquitaine and, man, I just couldn't keep up. I'm bushed.

Fuse #8: Uh-huh. Yours is such a hard life. Poor baby. You see this? This is the world's smallest violin playing a sad sad song for you. Details! Now!

Me: Can I do it tomorrow? I'm just so tuckered . . . .

Fuse #8: Tomorrow, huh? Is that the same tomorrow when you'll finally write another review of a book? When was the last one you wrote after all? Saturday? Am I imagining things or does your banner say you'll do one every day?

Me: I can't change the banner. It's on my friend Don's site...

Fuse #8: Puh-leeze. Like you've tried to take it down.

Me: Geez, can't a girl get some rest? I've been incredibly busy this week . . .

Fuse #8: Busy having lunches with Roaring Brook Press and socializing with your buddies, you mean. Oh yeah. You're swamped.

Me: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz . . . .

Fuse #8: WAKE UP! Can you promise to get this info out tomorrow?

Me: Um... (so very sleepy) .... do I have to? I'm seeing Spiderman 3 tonight and I don't know if I'll have time....

Fuse #8: (glowers)

Me: Okay, okay! All right! Tomorrow, I promise. Full details. Aquitaine and all. Cross my heart.

Fuse #8: Damn straight you will. A review wouldn't hurt either.

Me: (under breath) Doggone, bossy blog.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 5:49 AM , Blogger Sarah Blake Johnson said...

The fuse #8 blog also bosses me.
Fuse#8: Click on my link on your toolbar.
Me: I should work first.
Fuse#8: No! Read me first.
Me: (taps fingers) OK. But tomorrow you have to wait until later in the day.

Love your blog. I'm expecting Fuse #8 withdrawal when I'm on vacation in a few weeks.

 
At 7:34 AM , Blogger Laura said...

We were at Rice to Riches for another hour!!! This is going to be a very sucky day at work. All in the name of fun!

 
At 9:52 AM , Blogger coe booth said...

Oh man, I missed all the fun! I can't wait to hear all about it tomorrow!

(AND I missed out on rice pudding, too!)

:-(

 
At 11:10 AM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

This was the cleaned up version. You should hear the language my blog uses when no one's around.

I too missed the rice pudding, maybe for the very first time. This is because Manhattan librarians are inherantly lamer than Queens librarians. True fact.

 
At 12:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, we missed you at the rice pudding place. of course, by that time poor eleanor had fallen to the wayside in favor of more... sugary topics.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home