Fuse #8

Saturday, June 02, 2007

And What Have We Learned Today, Children?

Book Expo rages on but for this blogger my convention center days are past. I'll do a nice recap of everything I've seen and done tomorrow, but allow me to say this much for now.

What I Learned:
  • This it is unwise to wear painful shoes to a drink night and dinner in the hopes of "breaking them in". My feet have informed me that they will not be taking orders from me any longer. They somehow acquired an agent during the last few hours. I'll be speaking to them in a conference call tomorrow to discuss such issues as moving-from-the-couch and whether-I'll-ever-wear-those-damnable-shoes-again.
  • That when one plans a Kidlit Drink Night during a conference one should not naturally assume that it will be a small crowd. One should, if one were thinking clearly, get a room at a nice bar or club.
  • That cabs are apparently hard to come by around the Jacob Javits Conference Center. Who knew?
  • That Marcus Zusak is not afraid to sign 200+ books, but them on tables in a restaurant, and have a different sentence in every single one.
  • Did I mention my feet? Cause they're really putting up a fight right now. I think one of them is going to start verbally abusing me in a minute.
I learned other things as well, but those are good for a start. More tomorrow, popples.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 1:24 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was lovely meeting you and thanks so much for spicing up what was to be a lonely, boring evening at the bar. Don't worry so much about the strapless thing; we microbiologists are more observant than most.

 
At 5:29 AM , Blogger Monica Edinger said...

Ah, the trials of footwear and conventioneering. One of my toesies is very red and unhappy with me because it was run over by an illicit cart in that autographing mob scene. If I could lug five bags of ARCs around, why couldn't they?

 
At 6:10 PM , Blogger Editorial Anonymous said...

Shoot, I missed you at the Copa! Did you stay all the way to the banana-twirling part?

 
At 11:46 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Oh yes. Oh yes oh yes. And while I can say that bananas were balanced, nobody actually did a walk around the table. As for our teeny tiny cookies, I swallowed mine whole about 2 hours before it became clear why they were there.

 
At 11:22 AM , Blogger Saints and Spinners said...

The shoes hurt, huh? I knew somehow you'd find a pair of the Sword and Stone pumps somewhere!

 
At 4:30 PM , Blogger Editorial Anonymous said...

Me, too. And my banana. God, it took a long time for the food to arrive.
I was in red. Next time, you wear red, and I'll wear blue.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home