Fuse #8

Thursday, April 06, 2006

ATTENTION NEW YORKERS

I probably have 3 people who happen to live in or around New York that actually read this blog. This cuts out a good 98% of my readership. But I'm willing to take the risk of infuriating everyone else. Anywho, I just wanted anyone who happened to be in NYC on Thursday, April 13th to know that Jacqueline Woodson will be speaking in my children's room from 6:00-8:00. Her topic is "On Never Having Wanted To Be a Writer: A History of How I Became One Anyway". There will also be food.

To sum up:
  • Newbery Honor winning children's author.
  • Free food.

Oh, and the program is free as well. It's at the Donnell Library and if you come you'll even get to meet me in person. And I'm very cute. You can't lose.

4 Comments:

At 7:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! I am so jealous (in the nicest possible way). Makes me almost want to jump on a plane and use my airmiles! Have a blast and post all the wonderful details for us to drool over!

Susan Taylor Brown
http://susanwrites.livejournal.com

 
At 7:43 PM , Blogger web said...

Sigh, green over here too.

 
At 8:24 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man.

Woodson. Free food.

sigh sigh sigh.

Hey Ms. Bird, could you ask for Woodson's podium to be placed north-west (and a little more north? Tell the janitor, "just due south of the 45th parallel, thanks.")?

And on the night of the 13th, could you ask Ms. Woodson to speak up LOUD AND CLEAR because the folks in the back row (in Michigan!) are especially eager?

You're the best! (next to Ms. Woodson, natch)

Z

 
At 4:45 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Honestly, I don't announce such things to cause you good people such ecstasies of misery. I hear Jackie's really good at projection though, so I'll make sure she speaks loud and clear for the midwesterners amongst us.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home