Fuse #8

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

I always feel like somebody's watching me

I don't normally mention when the latest The Edge of the Forest issue has come out, partly because I assume that all of you read it as regularly as I do. I don't like to duplicate the postings that other children's literature blogs come out with all that often. Then today I installed a cute little Site Meter at the bottom of my blog. It tells me how many people visit my blog, where they live (a big big hello to Heidelberg, Baden-Wurttemberg), and how they found my site. Yes, my loves. Your worst fears have come true. I know where you live. Now some of you adorable cuties must have me linked to your computers directly since you apparently come to my site via your very own bookmarks. I am standing on the chair in front of my computer blowing you kisses at this very moment. Others go through other sites and find me that way. So when I saw that some people found me via The Edge of the Forest I was intrigued. I clicked and found a truly lovely little shout-out on their Best of Blogs section. Ain't that sweet? So a big howdy-doo to anyone who found me that way and an even bigger thanks to Edge for mentioning my Hot Men of Children's Literature series. And if anyone has a Hot Man request, I'll be sure to take it into consideration. I'm also thinking of starting other series as well. Perhaps a Why Hasn't Hollywood Turned This Into a Movie series or a regular Worst Children's Books Of the Year posting. Let me know what you'd prefer. I live to snark.

6 Comments:

At 3:44 PM , Blogger Kelly said...

You've gone this long without a sitemeter, Fuse? Glad to see you're getting some hits from the "Forest"

 
At 6:54 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

I know, I kwow. I'm a caveman in terms of cool blog info. I don't even know how to change the color of the banner at the top of this blog or insert amusing little images around and about it. *sigh* But I am very grateful for the "Forest" link. My thanks.

 
At 9:11 PM , Blogger bookstore girl said...

I am all over worst kids' book of the year! I vote for Jada Pinkett-Smith's exceedingly lame girl one. The trauma of reading it has blocked my memory from it's name.

 
At 9:00 AM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

I haven't even seen this one! See. Think how useful such a list could be. Then we could all rip out one another's hair over the inclusion of "Edward Tulane" (review still pending).

 
At 2:50 AM , Blogger bookstore girl said...

I think that it is safe to say: childrens' book by celebrity equals badness. Except for Jamie Lee Curtis.

 
At 7:40 AM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Roger Sutton of the blog "Read Roger" had an interesting post once on how Jamie Lee Curtis gets a free ride when people discuss poorly written celebrity books. I've actually never looked at one of her's very closely. I once polled the Child_Lit listserv and asked them who they thought was the best celebrity writer. The answer? The dad from the Munsters, Fred Gwynne. Who knew?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home