Fuse #8

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Hot Men of Children's Literature: Part 8 in a series

There are worse fates in life than panning through a collection of 17,200 Google images of Neil Gaiman in the hopes of finding the hottest one. This is my pick, though you are completely within your rights to disagree. My husband thinks he's a poseur. My mother likes his blog. And I think he's so very very cute.

Now the problem with proclaiming Neil Gaiman to be hot is that it invites all sorts of criticism. You have the people who look down their noses at the graphic novel genre and the people who think GNs are fine but that Gaiman should hardly be consider a children's book writer. Or you have people who rather dislike him because he plays off his own image so often in photographs. In spite of all this, I proclaim him much with the hotness.

The advantage of never having been contacted by one of my Hot Men is that now I can organize the links to their postings on the right side of this screen in order of hotness. You will note that now Kadir Nelson will be number one with a juggling of the other hot men as appropriate.

What a lovely job I have.

6 Comments:

At 4:55 PM , Blogger Dan McCoy said...

I have to side with Mr. Fuse#8 on this one. Neil is the comic writer that "different" high schoolers read to appear smarter, unaware that it has the opposite affect. And I'm a comics fan. I haven't tried any of his books, though.

 
At 5:42 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Oh doggone it, Dan. You would have to look at my blog at the PRECISE moment that I have my dorkiest posting yet. Anywho, his children's books are rather nice. But I'd be lying if I said I hadn't read all the Sandman issues. It's a girl thing.

 
At 3:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hot linking to other sites is considered bad netiquette.

http://www-news.uchicago.edu/releases/05/050317.gaiman.jpg

Plus...one day that image may be taken down and then the image will not display on your page.

Plus...scaling down a big image like that with code distorts the image causing it to render poorly on your site.

 
At 6:58 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Bad netiquette, eh? Really? Very interesting. How does this harm other sites? I would think the link would increase the number of people visiting the site. I don't particularly care if it's taken down someday, and I've found ways around the problems associated with scaling it down with code. But this bad netiquette idea is disturbing to me. Obviously no one ever told me this before. Therefore I must ask, why is it bad? Because I'm not hosting the site? Please to expand upon this theme.

 
At 9:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's bad netiquette because every time the page is viewed it uses bandwidth from the originator site, which many places pay for; it's considered stealing (ie, like using someone elses electricity).

some articles for you:

http://www.lalaalyssa.com/aly/directlinking.html

http://grimthing.com/archives/2004/04/02/hotlinking-is-bad/

http://www.zathras.de/angelweb/donthotlink.htm

 
At 6:18 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Shoot! That IS bad. Okay, so I won't be doing that anymore. I swear, Blogger has to post this info somewhere so dummies like myself know this sort of thing. I don't want to go around stealing bandwith. Sounds nasty. From here on in I shall do no such thing. It's good to learn about this stuff, no?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home