Fuse #8

Saturday, April 29, 2006

The Weekly Site Meter Weirdness

I love my Site Meter. There it sits at the bottom of my page giving me all sorts of sordid pieces of information I never even knew I wanted to know before it came along. Site Meter loves me too. But sometimes a person can learn a little too much from their SM. In the past I've discovered that because I wrote a review of a children's picture book that discussed quilting, a Colombian quilting blog linked to me. Unfortunately, it doesn't anymore (sniffle). Oh, why have you forsaken me Outros Retalhos?

This week my favorite link came from one Mr. Eric Berlin. Somehow or other I ended up on his Blogroll alongside a right-wing L.A. journalist and a Crossword Fiend. So odd. So very very odd.

Also, my posting about the whole Opal Mehta business attracted the attention of a Children's Writers' and Illustrators' Chat Board. If it looks like people come here, that's only because I was able to include my own pitiful two cents to the whole scandal. Maybe there is something to this whole commenting-on-YA-literature thing. Hmmmmm.

4 Comments:

At 7:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, now, it's not so odd. I'm a crossword constructor who enjoys good political writing (from both sides of the aisle), and my first novel for Young Adults comes out next year, so I thought I'd get acquainted with the online community. Makes perfect sense to me!

 
At 7:55 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Ah! The novel for Young Adults makes somewhat more sense. Is it a crossword related YA novel? Because I can assure you, you'd corner the market on that niche for sure.

In any case, I can't fault the lovely attendance I've received as a result of your blog posting. The Colombian quilting blog never accomplished half as much.

 
At 8:22 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, let's just say it is slightly puzzle oriented. Whether I'll be cornering any markets remains to be seen.

 
At 4:43 PM , Blogger Bazar Manualidades said...

Hi there, fusenumber8! I found you again!!! You see, I have not forsaken you... (but now I'm not sure if this is a bad or good thing).
The link to your blog (actually to your review on a book about a granny's quilt) came in a search in which I used the word quilt.
It so happens that I'm also very found of books and came back to check out your posts a few times. Now that I learned how to link blogs to my own blog I came back here. After reading your ideas on the weird visitors you've been getting I'm not sure if I should link you or not or if that you sound too odd to you. Just let me know, ok?
And, by the way, I'm from Brazil, not Colombia...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home