Fuse #8

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Hot Men of Children's Literature - Part 18 In a Series

This should come as a surprise to no one. Recently today's Hot Man has been getting a whole lotta press. He had that cool book published this year (review forthcoming as soon as I can lay my hands on the puppy) and then he did that crazy mural thingy thing with Mo Willems. Now I've had a chance to take a peek at his website and what did I find? Hot manliness, that's what. So with apologies to those of you who would prefer that I do Jon Scieszka instead (give it time, give it time) I bring to you...

Lane Smith


And no, I don't mean the guy who played Perry White. Good man, this. Just crazy enough to make you wonder why he's never tripped or traipsed into the world of graphic novels. There was a time I got him confused with David McKean, but we won't speak of that. By the way, for a fun time try going through Google Image's pics under "Lane Smith". Who knew it was such a common name? I get the "Smith", but "Lane"? Am I missing something here? Anywho, let's all high-tail it over to his website to pay homage. Follow me, folks.

2 Comments:

At 10:15 AM , Blogger Melinda R. Cordell said...

Damn! All these years I thought he was a woman! Whoops.

(Well, with a name like Lane, you really can't tell.)

 
At 4:47 PM , Blogger Jackie Parker said...

That book rocks. I didn't put it up on my site 'cause it's a picture book, but I Thoroughly enjoyed it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home