Fuse #8

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Ease On Down the Road

From the ever informative J.L. Bell, news has reached our fair ears that there is to be a new production of The Wiz in San Diego with a couple stars attached. Says Broadway.com:
Principal casting as been announced for The Wiz, directed by Des McAnuff, at La Jolla Playhouse. The cast will feature Nikki M. James as Dorothy, Wayne Brady as the Scarecrow, Tituss Burgess as the Lion, Michael Benjamin Washington as the Tinman, David Alan Grier as The Wiz, E. Faye Butler as Evillene, Valarie Pettiford as Aunt Em and Glinda, Heather Lee as Addaperle and Orville Mendoza as Uncle Henry.
Some of this I knew already but was holding out for confirmation. My l'il sis is, as I have mentioned before, attached to a Midwestern children's show called Come On Over. The show was going to get Mr. Brady as a special guest but he had to bow out due to a scheduling conflict with, you guessed it, The Wiz. Now they've other guests in the works but it's all very hush hush so I can say no more. You know how it is in the shady world of children's television programming. I could potentially wake up some morning to find the puppet head of a horse in my bed if I squeal. In any case, a big thank you to Oz and Ends for the news.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home