Hey, Kids! Let's Watch Some Mitchum!
Here are two little lists of varying interest. They're pretty self-explanatory.
The 50 films You Should See By the Age of 14 As Chosen By the British Film Institute:
1. Spirited Away (2001) - Animated Japanese film about gods and sorcerers
2. The Wizard of Oz (1939) - Musical classic
3. Les Quatre Cents Coups (1959) - French 12-year-old turns into a hellraiser
4. The Night of the Hunter (1955) - Robert Mitchum as a serial killer in America's Deep South
5. Where is My Friend's House? (1987) - One of Iranian director Kiarostami's earlier works
6. Show Me Love (1998) - Coming-of-age tale of two Swedish girls
7. Toy Story (1995) - Buzz Lightyear and Woody brought to life by computer animation
8. E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial (1982) - Steven Spielberg's sci-fi tearjerker
9. Bicycle Thieves (1948) - Italian film focusing on life after World War II
10. Kes (1969) - Gritty working class British drama
List of Top Ten Movies Every Child Should See Before Age Fourteen Survey ofCanadian Broadcast Corporation (CBC) Listeners (2006):
1. My Neighbor Totoro
3. The Princess Bride
5. The Dark Crystal
6. Peter Pan
7. The Adventures of Robin Hood
8. To Kill a Mockingbird
9. Cinema Paradiso
10. The Miracle Worker
I'm not even gonna comment on this. Nope. Zippa da lips, that me.
Willow? Night of the Hunter? What is up with the other English speaking countries out there?