Fuse #8

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Hot Men of Children's Literature: Part 24 In a Series

The difficulty with finding actual pictures of my Hot Men of Children's Literature has hit a new low today. In lieu of an actual picture, I am going to display today's hottie in the format with which he is most comfortable. Drawings . He's the Editorial Director of First Second Books and a heckuva artist in his own right. The best news of all? He and his fellow First Second artists blog. Hot.

In normal circumstances, when I can't find an actual picture of the feller I wish to present, I just don't make him a Hot Man of Children's Literature at all. But this guy is different. For one thing, I had a chance to meet him at the New Orleans ALA Convention not too long ago. Secondly, when a guy presents his wife in such a fashion as is shown in today's Review of the Day, that's hot as hell. He's pleasant to the eye, but I'll just present this cartoon avatar in his absence. Ladies and gentlemen, I give to you the monumentally wonderful...

MARK SIEGEL


Woo-hoo! An excellent addition to any and all series. A pat on the back to myself.

1 Comments:

At 12:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember an interesting interview of Mark Seigel in PW. "It's Time for First Second" February 14, 2006. Sounds as if he has a new picture book and a couple of graphic novels underway as well as all the work of running First Second.

http://www.publishersweekly.com/article
/CA6307448.html?text=first+second

KT

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home