Fuse #8

Thursday, August 31, 2006

The Monster At the End of this Site

Not being a librarian in a system smaller than, say, the population of the state of Delaware, I don't have to deal with a lot of issues facing school teachers and librarians nationwide. For example, I never have to worry about starting a new catalog from scratch in a school library or classroom. Not an issue! If it were, however, I guess I'd be pretty durn excited about this Delicious Monster thingy. According to Esme Codell (who should know) the site contains, "shareware that allows you to automate your personal collection of books! That means, teachers, you can scan in your classroom collection, beep-beep-beep, and look things up and check things out, just like a real library, only interfacing with snazzy Mac graphics!".

Huh. Whodathunkit? If you want to go even more low tech, however, stick with good old Library Thing. To each his own.

3 Comments:

At 11:33 AM , Blogger Disco Mermaids said...

Interesting concept. I would just like the beep-beep-beep sounds.
This post also reminds me how scared I get EVERY time I read There's a Monster at the End of This Book!
-Robin

 
At 12:04 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Which in turn makes me think of Adrienne's post on the subject.

 
At 2:50 AM , Blogger Greg Pincus said...

Back when I had to start up our library, I picked readerware instead of anything yummy. First off, it fit in my $50 budget, but it was also cross platform. Maybe Delicious is now. It sure is (and was) fantastic looking... being designed by and for the Mac. Bless them!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home