Fuse #8

Sunday, August 20, 2006

You Know What Kids Think Is Hip Today? Spoofs of Twister.

I'm having a hard time believing that no one else as heard of this. Now I know you all love Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs. Who doesn't? Man, I must've read that book over and over again when I was a kid. I didn't own a copy but my best friend did and I'd just pore over the concept while sitting on her living room's cream colored shag carpeting. Them was the days.

Well, imagine the same scenario today. Only substitute a small child sitting on a floor reading a picture book with a small child sitting in a movie theater viewing the all new big budget creation. That's right, kids! Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs is now going to be a film that spoofs big budget disaster flicks. Ecoute:
Though Lord and Miller are still writing the script for the proposed film, SPA cobbled together some teaser animation to show how the movie might look. The animation opens on a shot of the White House, onto which falls a giant pancake. The camera pans up to the sky, which is filled with giant flying-saucer-like pancakes, an apparent reference to Independence Day. Subsequent shots show a giant cob of corn rolling down the Great Wall of China and a huge tornado twisting through a city, a la The Day After Tomorrow, but made of spaghetti, flinging off giant meatballs
I can't be the only one who feels that this idea, amusing as it is, might be better suited to a 15-minute short rather than a full-length movie. Then again, I've had the image of kids sitting at a birthday party in misery because the sky decided to rain brussel sprouts that day in my head for years. It might be nice to see it on the silver screen as well. I just wonder if Sony had the wherewithal to get the rights to Pickles To Pittsburgh along the way.
Thanks to Dan, my ace reporter in the field, for the link.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home